Sound Products Careers
The Sound Products Way
Or the “providing high tech with a Midwestern-high-touch” way.
Careers with Sound Products
Sound Products was started by Robbin Reynolds and her father—but it’s been built by everyone who has been a part of the organization since that first day back in 1990. Our core values drive our culture. If you’re a positive self starter and vibe with these values, please apply below.
Our Core Values
Trust is our underlying principle. We want to work with people we trust who are honest and have integrity. Our mission is to serve as a trusted technology adviser to our customers.
Problem Solvers Who Love to Learn
We are dedicated self-starters who are problem solvers and who seek solutions. We embrace learning about new technology and better ways to do business. We are open to new ideas and seek to continually improve our solutions, products, services, processes and ourselves.
The Golden Rule applies here. We treat others the way we’d like to be treated. This applies to employees, vendors, customers and other stakeholders. We seek to do the right thing. We treat people with respect, dignity, and kindness. And that’s just our baseline.
We know all our associates have a home life and we strive to create a work/life balance in the workplace. We empower our employees to make good decisions and to have autonomy in their work. We know our associates choose to come to work each day so we strive to have a work environment that is rewarding, fun and enjoyable.
We know it takes a team to accomplish our work so cooperation, collaboration and flexibility are critical. We take ownership of our work and employ a “can do” spirit in accomplishing our work. We manage our projects, finances and resources in a responsible manner to ensure profitable growth for the company and future services for our customers.
It’s the key to our success. We strive to create the “Wow” factor by providing exemplary design, installation and customer care each and every day. We pre-plan our jobs and provide professional installations that are completed according to industry standards. We strive to complete our work on time and on budget. Our jobs are documented so that superior service can be provided. We know that service after the sale is critical for our customers and that this is what sets us apart.
The Perks of Working at Sound Products
We know employees choose to come to work each day and we want them to enjoy their time while they’re here. We’ve noticed people do their best work when they’re having fun, so we’ve tried to create a workplace that makes work rewarding, enjoyable and fun. From comfortable work spaces to a plethora of free snacks and drinks, the perks are practically endless as a team member of Sound Products.
Our associates work very hard. We also know they have a home life and we are big believers in work/life balance. Our work is flexible to accommodate work/life demands.
Our jobs are ever evolving and we are never done learning. We are continually growing and learning about new products, new technologies, new services, new management and organization methods and more. If you love to learn, we've got you covered.
We want to make sure our associates are involved in terms of the direction we're heading and upcoming priorities. From interactive planning sessions to monthly meetings, the input of our associates is sought and valued.
Complimentary coffee, drinks and snacks. There's plenty of creative fuel here. Yum!
From a round at Top Golf to bowling a few lanes, company gatherings help us build stronger relationships. We also find out who has hidden talents and skills!
... and so much more!
And of course, we have all the standard benefits of health insurance, 401K plans, vacation pay, holidays, mobile phones and more.
Current Job Openings:
Title: Installation and Service Technician
Reports to: Installation Manager
Responsible for the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of electronic communications systems, including but not limited to, Security/Access Control, CCTV and IP Security Cameras, Alarm Intrusion, Audio/Visual displays and projection systems, Control Systems, Sound Systems, and Drive-Thru Intercom Systems. Technician is responsible for installing the products in the most efficient and effective manner to assure minimum down time and maximum performance. All installations must meet the highest quality standards set forth by Sound Products, while assuring a professional and safe working environment. Technician is responsible for communicating system performance to the customer.
- Ensures that Sound Products’ systems are installed per plans and specifications and/or Sound Products’ scope of work and per local and national codes.
- Assists with all cable, device and head-end installation. Performs programming of systems at project site checkout and testing of the installed system.
- Tasks include equipment placement, equipment mounting, system cabling, and termination of devices, in accordance with system diagrams.
- Regularly completes assigned tasks on time, on budget and within quality standards.
- Provides service support for clients as needed.
- Participates in weekend on-call service rotation
- Documents project changes and notes opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for accurate tracking of time worked on projects, service and installation tickets and inventory items through CRM platform.
Training and Support for Customers
- Interfaces with client on System functionality, training, project issues and planning.
Ongoing Skills Development
- Participates in ongoing project training with vendors.
- Attends and completes training programs as requested.
- Associates Degree in Computer Networking or Electronics, or minimum of 3 years industry experience
- Ideal candidate has experience with Avigilon Access Control and Avigilon security cameras.
- Experience with Alarm Intrusion, Card Access Systems, and IP Video Surveillance System and/or Audio/Video Systems a plus.
- Experience in field servicing and troubleshooting computer networks is preferred.
- General knowledge of construction industry and processes to enable interfacing with different trades to ensure the timely completion of installation milestones.
- Ability to read schematic diagrams and blueprints.
- Knowledge of Avigilon, Crestron is preferred.
- Ability to write DSP code a plus.
- AVIXA and NSCA Certifications are a plus.
- Valid state Driver’s License
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with internal and external customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of Connectwise is a plus.
- Knowledgeable about proper hand and power tool operations and safety.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which all the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some lifting of objects is required. The employee must be able to regularly lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
- Vision requirements include close vison, depth perception and color recognition.
- Employee will frequently be required to be on step ladders up to 12’ and extension ladders up to 26’. Occasional use of a man-lift up to 40’ will also be required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities are required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outdoor work is subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
Work for a team that values you.
Sound Products is a Midwest audio/visual and security commercial systems integrator. We develop, design, install, and service professional systems for organizations including businesses, government, hospitals, educational facilities, campuses, churches, senior living complexes, restaurants, quick service restaurants, retail complexes, sports venues and correctional facilities.